- Difficulty: Leisure
- Category: Walking, self-guided
- Duration: 4 nights, 5 days
- Recommended time of year: 1st April - 31st October
Self-guided, easy level walking tour in Segovia
- Delightful walks along beautiful countryside in Guadarrama National Park.
- Stunning traditional villages.
- Area of special protection for wildlife.
- One night is medieval town of Segovia.
- Possible extension your stay to visit Segovia, World Heritage Site.
This holiday takes place in the province of Segovia, one of the 9 provinces that make up the autonomous region of Castile and Léon. Just half an hour north of Madrid by car, the area is heavily influenced by the proximity of the capital; Madrileños come here to relax, eat out and unsurprisingly, purchase second homes in some of the prettiest villages.
The route is very varied; crossing open expanses of granite strewn tablelands, grass covered steppes, stands of juniper and oak forest, through delightful wooded river valleys and between honey coloured limestone outcrops. The whole journey is framed by the soft peaks of the Guadarrama mountain range - often snow-capped until mid-May.
Which airport should I fly to? Madrid International Airport.
How do I get to the Starting Point? Catch an AVE (High Speed Train) from Madrid to Segovia (12,20€, takes 25mins). From here book our local taxi transfer to Navafría (40€, takes 35 minutes)
How do I get back? Book our local transfer From Gallegos to Segovia (43€, takes 35mins) and catch an AVE (High Speed Train) back into Madrid (12,20€, takes 25mins).
Arrival at the world heritage city of Segovia.
After a short transfer to the historic town of San Ildefonso you will begin a circular walk along the river Eresma to the mountain village of Valsaín.
15 Km walk.
Another stunning circular walk along forest footpaths to the “El Chorro” waterfalls and on to the “Silla del Rey” viewpoint. A shorter walk of 11 kms which can be combined with a visit to the famous palace and gardens of San Ildefonso as well as a visit to the glass-making exhibition and museum.
Short transfer to Pradena and walk along ancient drover´s tracks through a stunning juniper forest to the mountain village of Gallegos.
16 Km walk.
Return or extra nights in Segovia or Madrid.
Situated in the very heart of Segovia, next to the Main Square and the Cathedral. This 15th century building was turned into a Hotel & Spa in 2005 incorporating many arqueological remains to up-to-date comfort.
Posada de Gallegos, Gallegos
Small rural hotel full of character. Eleven comfortable bedrooms imaginatively decorated. Common areas include dining room, living room, terrace and gardens. Excellent host who speaks English. Small outdoor swimming pool.
- Price: 386€ per person
- Single supplement: 96€
- Solo supplement: 134€
- Half Board / dinners: 75€
- 4 nights’ accommodation in charming small rural hotels.
- 4 breakfasts.
- Private transfers on days 2 and 4.
- Luggage transfers between hotels.
- Detailed maps with your trail clearly marked.
- Itinerary description, full of recommendations for things to do and places to visit, advice and suggestions and information about your accommodation, etc.
- Emergency support.
CHECK AVAILABILITY OR RESOLVED YOUR DOUBTS
FINAL PRICE CALCULATION AND BOOK NOWUsing the tool below you can calculate the final price of your trip. PLEASE, BEFORE YOU BOOK, CONSULT AVAILABILITY.
Walking Segovia short break