- Difficulty: Leisure
- Category: Cycling, self-guided
- Duration: 7 nights, 8 days
- Recommended time of year: 1st March – 30th June and 1st Sept – 30th October
A cycling journey in Valencia to discover this vibrant Mediterranean city and explore the interior and its beautiful coastline.
- The tour begins with two nights in Valencia where you will be able to explore the city and visit the famous City of Arts and Science (an entertainment-based cultural and architectural complex).
- Cycling through the Albufera de Valencia Natural Park, a wetland of international importance for the protection of birds.
- Exploring the interior along quiet country roads, visiting typically Spanish towns with little foreign tourists.
- One night in Montanejos, where you can enjoy its bathing hot springs constructed by a 13th century Arabic king for his favourite wives.
- Much of the cycling from the interior means you follow the river Millars downstream as it descends to the coast.
- The last two days of cycling are a delightful coastal route, literally meters away from the Mediterranean Sea.
- One last night in picturesque seaside town of Peñiscola with the possibility of extra nights by the sea.
Which airport should I fly to? Valencia international airport.
How do I get to the Starting Point? From Valencia Airport there is public transport to Valencia city centre.
How do I get back? By public transport (train from nearby Benicarló) or private transfer from Peñiscola back to Valencia city or airport.
Day 1: Arrival to Valencia
From Valencia airport take a short transfer to your hotel in Valencia where you will spend the next two nights. A chance to explore the historic city center and the spectacular and iconic City of Arts and Science, near the hotel.
Day 2: Circular cycle to the Albufera Natural Park
Bike handover and bike along cycle lanes to leave the city and explore the internationally renowned Albufera Wetlands as well as enjoying cycling along the beachfront and stopping along the way for a swim.
27 miles (44 km)
Day 3: Barracas to Mora de Rubielos
Private transfer for you and your bikes to the interior of Valencia. Delightful cycle along a dedicated cycle track amongst beautiful landscapes and later along quiet country roads to reach the beautiful town of Mora de Rubielos.
23 miles (37 km)
Day 4: Mora de Rubielos to Montanejo
An easy cycle along delightful country roads following the course of a river to finish in the spa town of Montanejo with its delightful thermal waters.
25 miles (40 km)
Day 5: Montanejos to Grao de Castellón
Another cycling day amongst mountains, mostly downhill as you follow a beautiful river valley to the sea. You will have a private transfer for you and your bike to finish off the day in style arriving to the coast again at El Grao de Castellón.
24 miles (39 km)
Day 6: Grao de Castellón to Alcossebre
Fantastic cycle beside the sea along the maritime walk, or small coastal roads with a chance to stop and enjoy the beautiful beaches along the way.
30 miles (49 km)
Day 7: Alcossebre to Peñiscola
One final cycle beside this stunning part of the Spanish Mediterranean coast. You will be cycling across the famous Sierra de Irta Natural Park along dirt tracks to finish in the picture-postcard town of Peñiscola for one last night beside the seafront.
11 miles (18 km)
Day 8: Departure or extra nights
Extra nights in Peñiscola or Valencia or Return.
Days 1 and 2 Valencia
Modern hotel located in front of the City of the Arts and Science in city center Valencia. Three stars.
Day 3 Mora de Rubielos
Quaint stone building hotel in the main square. Three stars.
Day 4 Montanejos
Rustic Spa Hotel overlooking river Mijares. Three stars.
Day 5 El Grao de Castellón
Modern hotel overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. Three stars.
Day 6 Alcossebre
Three stars, relaxed hotel overlooking the sea and very near the beach.
Day 7 Peñíscola
Four star hotel overlooking the Mediterranean. Across the road from the beach and a pleasant walk away from Peñiscola castle.
Our hire bikes and equipment:
A bicycle specialist will deliver your hire bike and adjust it to your specifications. We provide you with fully equipped touring bicycles. Remember that we carry your luggage between hotels so you can travel light.
Prices March, April, May, June, Oct, Nov.
- Price: 811€ per person
- Single supplement: 137€
- Solo Traveller supplement: 321€
- Half board: 140€
- Bike hire: 100€
- Price: 884€ per person
- Single supplement: 191€
- Solo Traveller supplement: 374€
- Half board: 140€
- Bike hire: 100€
- 7 nights´ accommodation.
- 7 breakfasts.
- Transfers on day 3 from Valencia to Barracas and on day 5 from Onda to Grao de Castellón.
- Luggage transfers between hotels.
- Detailed maps with your trail clearly marked.
- Itinerary description, full of recommendations for things to do and places to visit, advice and suggestions and information about your accommodation, etc.
- Emergency support.
- Activity insurance.
CHECK AVAILABILITY AND RESOLVE YOUR DOUBTS