- Difficulty: Moderate
- Category: Cycling, self-guided
- Duration: 7 nights, 8 days
- Recommended time of year: 1st March-31st October
Discover the hidden gems that make Mallorca such a unique island destination for cyclists.
- A paradise for cycling along quiet country lanes through the rustic Mallorcan countryside.
- Enjoy the contrast of this magical island from the rocky northern coast, to the eastern 'Sierra de Tramontana', to the enticing beaches and coves...
- Exquisite hand-picked rural hotels and boutique family-run 'fincas' where you can relax by the swimming pool or at the beach.
- Crystal waters and silver beaches await you as you enjoy cycling in the sun with the coolling sea breeze.
- Discover the hidden villages of the interior with their traditional houses and ancient stone windmills.
- Winding country roads meander through orange and lemon groves and rich fertile fields full of colourful wildflowers.
- Admire the age old architecture of the dry stone walls that accompany you as you wheel along.
- Delight in the flavours of rich local cuisine with specialities such as 'frito mallorquín', 'arroz brut', 'tumbet' or even 'caracoles'.
- A fabulous cycle holiday for adults as well as families with older children.
Which airport should I fly to? Palma de Mallorca International Airport.
How do I get to the Starting Point? Private transfer by taxi. 50 € for a taxi carrying up to 4 passengers. 20 minutes.
How do I get back to Palma Airport? Private transfer by taxi. 70 € for a taxi carrying up to 4 passengers. 40 minutes.
Day 1: Arrival to Campos
Take a taxi or arrange a private transfer from Palma de Mallorca to your first hotel. Your home for the next two nights is a really breathtaking beautifully retored farm house, draped in sweet-scented bougainvillea, where you can relax in style by its appetizing tourquoise pool.
Day 2: Round trip Campos
Today you are free to explore the paradisical beaches nearby, visit the interesting salt production lagoons where you can enjoy seeing exotic flocks of flamingos, or simply relax by the pool! The family that runs this hotel is particularly proud of their homemade authentic Mallorcan dishes and the local wines. You will not go hungry or thirsty here!
25 miles (40 km) / Climb: 152 m
Day 3: Campos to Randa
Today you cycle along the coast before aiming north to the little village of Randa. Fields of almond groves will accompany you to your next hotel with its numerous terraces with mountain views, mini spa and two swimming pools. You could even book yourself a well-earned massage!
28 miles (45 km) / Climb: 547 m
Day 4: Round trip Randa
This whole day is dedicated to enjoying the unspoiled countryside and villages that you will encounter.The market town of Sineu is a perfect place to stop for an early lunch. Make sure you leave time to visit the impressive hilltop village of Montuiri with its symbolic windmills too. Back in Randa, roam the cobbled streets and soak up its relaxing athmosphere on one of its inviting terrace bars!
29 miles (46 km) / Climb: 554 m
Day 5: Randa to Moscari
Leaving Randa, you will cycle towards the imposing Tramontana Mountain range, a World Heritage Site, to the traditional mountain village of Moscari. Nestled in the foothills of these impressive mountains you'll find your next hotel, an intimate rural haven where you can take a dip in their pool before enjoying the superb restaurant.
28 miles (45 km) / Climb: 375 m
Day 6: Round trip Moscari
This route will take you through one of the most beautiful settings on the island through groves full of figs, capers and almonds. The Tramontana Mountains are today’s permanent backdrop, and make for breathtaking scenery, mile after mile.
22 miles (36 km) / Climb: 443 m
Day 7: Moscari to Pollenca
Before reaching Pollenca, you will have the opportunity to visit the traditional centre of old Alcudia, where local historic charm has been carefully preserved. Finally, you will reach Pollenca. Originally a fishing village, Pollenca does a good job at retaining old traditions. Most houses lining the cobblestone streets were built in the 17th and 18th centuries. Take a moment enjoy a cold drink in the Plaça Major, immerse yourself in local history and contemplate the beautiful Knights Templar church.
25 miles (40 km) / Climb: 287
Day 8: Departure
A private transfer can be booked back to Palma de Mallorca. Why not treat yourself to a relaxing extra few days to enjoy all that this magical island has to offer?!
Days 1-6 in small, family-run boutique hotels with swimming pools Day 7 in a 3* hotel in the historic town of Pollenca, centrally located.
Day 1 and 2 Campos
A truly splendid boutique finca surrounded by palm trees and draped in bouganvillea.
28 miles (45 km)
Day 3 and 4 Randa
Enjoy the rustic luxury of this spa hotel with stunning mountain views from its many terraces.
Day 5 and 6 Moscari
An intimate petit hotel with beautifully designed rooms and pleasant terraces.
Day 7 Pollença
An elegant comfortable hotel with roof-top terrace complete with jacuzzi!
Our hire bikes and equipment:
A bicycle specialist will deliver your hire bike and adjust it to your specifications. We provide you with fully equipped touring bicycles. Remember that we carry your luggage between hotels so you can travel light.
- Price: 848 € per person
- Single room supplement: 264€
- Solo Traveller supplement: 321€
- Half board / dinners (wine not incl.): 193€
- Bike hire: 90€
- Electric Bike hire: 150€
- GPS rental (one per group): 15€
7 nights´ accommodation.
Luggage transfers between hotels.
Detailed maps with your trail clearly marked.
Itinerary description, full of recommendations for things to do and places to visit, advice and suggestions and information about your accommodation, etc.