- Difficulty: Easy
- Category: Cycle touring, self-guided (also ideal for families)
- Duration: 6 nights, 7 days
- Recommended time of year: 1st April - 31st October
Pleasant, easy cycling holiday along pretty cycle lanes
- 3 hotels with swimming pools.
- Two circular routes.
- Exploring the La Garrotxa Natural Park.
- One night in beautiful Girona.
- Luggage transfers included.
- Three circular routes mean you spend two nights in each hotel so you don´t have to pack each day.
- Two final nights at the seaside town of Sant Feliu, Costa Brava.
The main theme of this tour is the railway line now used as a cycle track for recreation “the Carrilet”. It will take you from the beautiful volcanic region of la Garrotxa to the Mediterranean Sea. The entire tour takes place in the Catalonian region of Girona in the very north eastern tip of Spain. Three hotels have swimming pools and you finish with two nights by the beach on a lovely part of the Costa Brava.
Which airport should I fly to? Girona or Barcelona International Airports.
How do I get to the Starting Point? Private transfer by taxi. 88 € for a taxi carrying up to 6 passengers. 45 minutes.
How do I get back? Private transfer by taxi. 50 € for a taxi carrying up to 6 passengers. 30 minutes.
Day 1: Individual arrival to Olot
Your tour begins in the interesting town of Olot, the capital of the Garrotxa Natural Park.
Day 2: Round trip Olot
Your first cycle will take you exploring this beautiful area on the foothills of the Pyrenees. There are many extinct volcanoes to be seen around Olot, now camouflaged amongst dense woodland, one can still guess where they are by the conical shape of the hills and the flat tops of the edge of the craters.
11-16 miles (18-26 km)
Day 3: Olot to Les Planes d´Hostoles
Today you will cycle from Olot to Amer along the “Carrilet”, a disused railway line now converted into a cycle track. The journey takes you through several towns typical of the area along beautiful landscapes. At the end of the day, you will be leaving the region of la Garrotxa.
16 miles (26 km)
Day 4: Les Planes d´Hostoles to Girona
Another cycle once again along the Carrilet from La Celera de Ter to the Capital of the Province: Girona. At the end of the cycle you will be rewarded with sightseeing in this beautiful and interesting city.
19 miles (33 km)
Day 5: Girona to Sant Feliu de Guixols
This day is spent continuing the Carrilet towards the sea. There will be several interesting towns to stop in along the way and finally you will reach the stunning costa Brava of Girona at the coastal town of Sant Feliu de Guixols.
26 miles (43 km)
Day 6: Round trip Sant Feliu
Your last cycling day will offer you several cycling options as well as the chance to spend the day at the beach if you so wish!
11-16 miles (17-25 km)
Day 7: Departure
A private transfer can be booked back to Girona or Barcelona or you can extend your stay by the sea!
Days 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 7 in pleasant small, family-run hotels. Day 5 in a city hotel in the historic town of Girona, centrally located. All hotels with swimming pool.
Day 1 and 2, Olot
Day 3, Les Planes d´Hostoles
Day 4, Girona
Day 5 and 6, Sant Feliu de Guixols
Our hire bikes and equipment:
A bicycle specialist will deliver your hire bike and adjust it to your specifications. We provide you with fully equipped touring bicycles. Remember that we carry your luggage between hotels so you can travel light.
- Price: 727 € per adult
- Single room supplement: 153€
- Solo traveller supplement: 240€
- 1st and 2nd children in family room: 369 € per child
- Child in his/her own single room: 646 € per child
- Children in their own double room: 494 € per child
- Children in their own triple room: 449 € per child
- Half board / dinners (wine not incl.): 110€
- Half board Children (per child): 95€
- Bike hire: 75€
- Electric Bike hire: 155€
- Child bike hire: 60€
- Child tándem or trailer hire: 75€
- 6 nights´ accommodation.
- 6 breakfasts.
- Luggage transfers between hotels.
- Detailed maps with your trail clearly marked.
- Itinerary description, full of recommendations for things to do and places to visit, advice and suggestions and information about your accommodation, etc.
- Emergency support.
- Activity insurance.