- Difficulty: Leisure
- Category: Cycling, self-guided
- Duration: 6 nights, 7 days
- Recommended time of year: 1st March – 30th June and 1st Sept – 30th November
Not far from one of the most visited strips of Mediterranean coastline, this cycling tour takes you to undiscovered valleys and traditional towns of the interior, before descending to the coast and enjoying the sea for the last two days.
- Four nights in four stars accommodation.
- Easy cycling holiday with short stages so that you can spend lots of your time exploring.
- Two nights spent by the Mediterranean Sea.
- Exploring the interior along quiet country roads, visiting typical Spanish towns with little foreign tourists.
- Crossing the Mariola Natural Park cycling amongst aromatic and medicinal plants.
- Cycling amongst olive and almond groves, vineyards and orange trees plantations.
- One last night in picturesque seaside town of Javea with the possibility of extra nights by the sea.
Which airport should I fly to? Alicante-Elche international airport.
How do I get to the Starting Point? Private transfer (40 minutes) from Alicante-Elche Airport. Public transport from Alicante to Biar by bus or train.
How do I get back? By public transport directly from Javea to Alicante Airport.
Day 1: Arrival to Biar
From Alicante-Elche Airport take a short transfer to your first hotel in the beautiful historic town of Biar, situated in the interior, some 45kms away from the sea.
Day 2: Biar to Bocairent
Bike handover and pleasant cycle along small and quiet country roads in the Vinalopó Valley, amongst vineyards, almond and olive trees. You will reach the undiscovered Arabic town of Bocairent, an unusual historic-artistic monument built on a hilltop where some houses and monuments are carved on the rock.
15 miles (24 km)
Day 3: Bocairent to Alcoi
Today´s cycle takes you through the Sierra de Mariola Natural Park: an area characterised by the abundance of aromatic and medicinal plants. You will reach the typically Spanish and busy town of Alcoy to spend the third night away from the usual tourist trail.
13 miles (20 km)
Day 4: Alcoi to Villalonga
A day cycling along the valley of the Serpis River as it heads downstream towards the coast. Some of the cycle today is along a “Via Verde”, following a disused railway track now converted into a dedicated cycle track.
25 miles (40 km)
Day 5: Villalonga to Denia
From Villalonga we are not far from the sea and the cycling takes place amongst extensive plains of orange tree plantations. The second half of the day is spent cycling next to the sea with many opportunities to stop and swim. You hotel tonight is in the cosmopolitan Mediterranean town of Denia.
21 miles (33 km)
Day 6: Denia to Javea
One last cycle takes you from Denia to Javea, skirting the most important landmark between these towns: the Montgó Mountain. Your last night is spent by the Mediterranean in the charming historic town of Javea which boasts some of the best sandy beaches of Spain.
13 miles (21 km)
Day 7: Departure or extra nights in Javea
Extra nights in Javea or Return.
Day 1 Biar
Bike-friendly modern hotel with swimming pool. Four ****..
Day 2 Bocairent
Historic modernist building, decorated in colonial style. Three ***.
Day 3 Alcoi
Comfortable and modern four **** hotel in the centre of the town.
Day 4 Villalonga
Magnificent stone house from the early XIXth century. Four ****.
Day 5 Denia
Delightful modern hotel overlooking the sea at the promenade. Three ***.
Day 6 Javea
Four **** hotel set amongst exotic gardens and right beside the Mediterranean and with beautiful swimming pool. This is the hotel to finish off with a bang.
Our hire bikes and equipment:
A bicycle specialist will deliver your hire bike and adjust it to your specifications. We provide you with fully equipped touring bicycles. Remember that we carry your luggage between hotels so you can travel light.
Prices March, April, May, June, Oct, Nov.
- Price: 799€ per person
- Single supplement: 174€
- Solo Traveller supplement: 321€
- Half board: 150€
- Bike hire: 100€
- Price: 911€ per person
- Single supplement: 203€
- Solo Traveller supplement: 351€
- Half board: 150€
- Bike hire: 100€
- 6 nights´ accommodation.
- 6 breakfasts.
- Luggage transfers between hotels.
- Detailed maps with your trail clearly marked.
- Itinerary description, full of recommendations for things to do and places to visit, advice and suggestions and information about your accommodation, etc.
- Emergency support.
- Activity insurance.
CHECK AVAILABILITY AND RESOLVE YOUR DOUBTS